We are expanding our Operations Team at Boxfish — a Top 10 Energy & Utility Consultancy, headquartered in Glasgow.
We are looking for an experienced enthusiastic Utility Account Manager to join our young, vibrant and high-performing team that delivers first-class service and industry-leading results.
In this role you will:
• Provide end-to-end management of an exciting portfolio of important clients
• Take responsibility for your clients’ procurement of energy and water contracts
• Process invoice validation & management of utility termination / objection notices
• Update systems records including recording cost / consumption data from invoices and other sources
• Manage and resolve billing issues & queries on behalf of clients directly with energy suppliers
• Deliver all the clients administration needs in-line with contracted services
• Consistently engage with clients using clear, professional, and effective communication by telephone, email, and regularly scheduled face to face meetings
• Manage the renewal of contracts, providing consultation on procurement, and demonstrate high retention rates
• Continuously review your portfolio to identify opportunities and risks
• Grow additional service offerings with clients and manage your opportunities pipeline from prospect through to signed contract
• Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual reporting as per the agreed workplan to both your clients and the Boxfish management team
• Support clients with any ad hoc requests & management reporting as required
• Work as part of a team to support your colleagues or act as a point of contact for colleagues customers when required (absences, annual holiday etc.)
• Identify the customer needs and coordinate actions by bringing in other SME’s within the business
• Working as part of a team to continuously improve processes, systems and culture
You have 5+ years’ experience in the energy industry within an Account Manager or a similar role with experience of client management including hosting face-to-face meetings and effective cross selling into an existing client base.
You understand and can demonstrate a working knowledge of:
– Fixed & Flexible energy procurement (Essential)
– Procurement and management of Water (Essential)
– Utility invoicing and the charges included (Essential)
– The UK Energy infrastructure including DNO, IDNO, MOP, MAP, DC/DA, Suppliers, and TPI’s (Essential)
– Effective customer relationship management, pipeline management and the ability to present to varied audience levels (Essential)
– Domestic, SME and commercial sectors of the energy industry (Desirable)
– An understanding of the energy wholesale market, how this operates, how geopolitical circumstances impact market trends and how this impacts delivered prices to customers
– Industry knowledge of compliance or government levy relief schemes such as EBRS/EBDS, ETII, EII, CCA, MinMet, ESOS, SECR, and TCFD
You will have a professional can-do attitude, are an ambitious team player with an analytical mind, a keen eye for detail, excellent communication skills and previous experience working for a client focused /energy service company – working from home you will be a self-starter with a great work ethic and willing to do the right thing for the client every time. You will have initiative and the ability to take control of your own portfolio.
You will hold a full valid UK driving license.
You have the right to work in the UK, do not require any additional sponsorship or work-based visa’s.
(Mainland UK applications only)
If this is of interest and sounds like you then we very much would like to hear from you.
Boxfish actively encourage a flexible hybrid working model, meaning you’ll be working from home 90% of the time – no more commuting to work!*
Additionally, from April 2023 we have been trailing a 4 day week. This continues to be optimised to suit both the team but also the customer experience.**
We offer a competitive salary which is dependent on experience, 30.5 days holiday and plenty of opportunities for training and development—and that’s just for starters.
We know it can be hard to take time off work, so the first interview will either be by telephone or via a Teams meeting and will be arranged at your convenience. In the first instance, please apply online with your story and relevant work info to:
IMPORTANT: A covering letter should also be supplied and be mainly about you and why you are right for the role. The covering letter should provide your name, contact details, job role applied for, reasons why you’re right for the job, your expected or current salary range, why you would like to work for Boxfish, and a little bit about yourself (favourite film, music taste, hobbies etc).
Both CV and covering letter are required for the application to be processed.
We will not proceed any application received from anyone outside of the UK or those seeking means to support a visa application. These applications will be rejected with no feedback provided.
Where we do attempt to respond to all applicants, this may take time for us to give feedback due to the volume of applications we receive.
CLOSING DATE FOR SUBMISSION: ASAP
*You may be required to come to the office upon request and travel to client meetings or events.
**Subject to successful completion of the probationary period or at the management teams discretion you will be invited to join the 4 day working schedule with normal hours not extended . **4 Day working is monitored to ensure that clients are effectively managed and may on rare occasions revert to 5 days for short periods of high workload.