Boxfish are looking for an Energy Engineer to join our vibrant and busy team. This role will involve working remotely anywhere in the UK.
Our work includes supporting clients to prepare their energy portfolios for future sustainability and growth, and working with renewables and energy storage developers in understanding opportunities and finding business solutions related to sustainability and optimised utilities usage.
Boxfish prides itself in using cutting edge, hi-tech systems to help their clients solve their high value technical problems.
• Supporting clients with their electricity networks, generators and energy storage developers
• Develop strategies and deploy technologies to meet decarbonisation goals
• Delivering research and innovation projects
• Supporting technology horizon scanning across a variety of industries and sectors
• Undertaking concept studies, options assessment, and investment decisions
• Application of systems engineering tools and techniques
• Providing governance, oversight and advice on best practice in innovation projects.
• Project management throughout the lifecycle of any given project
Skills & Experience
• An interest in and a good understanding of current and future electrical systems and technologies
• An understanding of the Systems Engineering lifecycle
• A passion for working with renewables and promoting sustainability
• Previous experience of deploying or integrating generation or energy storage technologies (non-essential)
You have a can-do attitude, are an ambitious team player with an analytical mind, a keen eye for detail, excellent communication skills and previous experience working for a client focused /energy service company – working from home you will be a self-starter with a great work ethic and willing to work in the client’s best interests at all times.
If this is of interest and sounds like you then we very much would like to hear from you.
Boxfish actively encourage a flexible hybrid working model, meaning you’ll be working from home 90% of the time – no more commuting to work!
Additionally, from April 2023 we will move to a 4 day week, meaning you will enjoy 79 paid days leave a year – and a guaranteed long weekend every weekend.
We offer a very competitive salary which is dependent on experience, 30.5 days holiday (until April 2023), and plenty of opportunities for training and development—and that’s just for starters.
We know it can be hard to take time off work, so the first interview will be by telephone and will be arranged at your convenience. In the first instance, please apply online with your story and relevant work info to:
IMPORTANT: A covering letter should also be supplied and be mainly about you and why you are right for the role. The covering letter should provide your name, contact details, job role applied for, reasons why you’re right for the job, why you would like to work for Boxfish, and a little bit about yourself (favourite film, music taste, hobbies etc).
Both CV and covering letter are required for the application to be processed.
CLOSING DATE FOR SUBMISSION: ASAP